Wearing the American Apparel lace ruched front bandeau and 3d flower mesh bandeau.
Wednesday, 11 April 2012
New blog and self portraits
Just wanted to make a more formal photography blog! Who knows, maybe we'll throw in some style, life and writing as well. Took some self portraits the other day for the first time in a while. I wanted pretty neutral, natural images and as I was editing monochrome just felt good, as did not wearing much. I feel weird about the amount of body shame there in in our society, like if I was to take a topless photograph (be it artistic or not) this could count against me at a later date, you know, sorry, we can't hire you because when you were 18 you posted a pic with some sideboob. Heaven forbid I actually explore any sexuality through photography, that would definitely get me fired at some point. I don't find taking self portraits a narcissistic experience, well perhaps in the sense that my own appearance is the subject, but what I mean to say is, I'm not taking them to be s3xY or whatever, I, (like every other teenage girl in the history of the entire fucking planet) struggle with my appearance sometimes, so I guess I feel like taking pictures of myself is a way to deal with and embrace how I look. Cathartic almost. Maybe reassuring. Enough talking.
Wearing the American Apparel lace ruched front bandeau and 3d flower mesh bandeau.






Wearing the American Apparel lace ruched front bandeau and 3d flower mesh bandeau.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment