Monday, 7 May 2012



A new self portrait. It's about lots of things, but mostly suffering and the dynamics of suffering and the different ways we suffer, how I make myself suffer, how society and structures within it make people suffer and how sometimes, for whatever twisted reason, we enjoy suffering, how suffering can be beautiful. The flowers are spring and rebirth, hope, freedom, they are there to show the way that two seemingly polarised things can intertwine. I took it over easter, hence the potentially blasphemous imagery. But it's not really about religion aside from borrowing probably one of the most  famous images in history. It's not aiming to offend. I'm not crying out asking why I've been forsaken, the opposite really. I'm looking inwards at myself and the ties that bind me, I'm trying to understand them.
Anyway, I'm really really into making new creations out of layered old photos I have lying around, used two photos of street seller roses I took in paris a while ago.

1 comment: